See other Immigration/US Borders Articles
Title: BUSH & BIG BUSINESS GEAR UP FOR AMNESTY: BUSH FORMS OPEN BORDERS COALITION,members pay $50-$250,000
Source: U.S. Population Environment Balance
URL Source: http://www.balance.org
Published: Aug 3, 2005
Author: U.S. Population Environment Balnce
Post Date: 2005-08-04 01:25:37 by blackhorse
Ping List: *Immigration Issues Ping List*
U.S. POPULATION ENVIRONMENT BALANCE – www.balance.org – Tel.(202) 955- 5700 August 3, 2005
BUSH & BIG BUSINESS GEAR UP FOR AMNESTY PUSH:
NEW THREAT: BUSH FORMS OPEN BORDERS COALITION, MEMBERS PAY $50,000 TO $250,000 EACH!!!
BIG BUSINESS AND BUSH TEAM UP TO PUSH FOR AN AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS
– Fresh off his hairs breadth CAFTA victory, President Bush is working to create an elite coalition of open borders advocates to back an Amnesty plan that the Bush administration wants to push through Congress this Fall, BEFORE the 2006 election year politicking might render it too controversial to pass.
– The group will be called “Americans for Border and Economic Security.” But dont be fooled by the title. This coalition will be designed with one purpose in mind, to push through an amnesty before the 2006 elections. Undoubtedly, this will hurt the American worker and keep the United States population soaring.
– ADMISSION TO THE COALITION WILL BE $50,000 TO $250,000 FOR EACH COALITION MEMBER! according to the L.A. Times. The price tag is a bargain for big business compared to the $200 billion annually, according to Harvard economist George Borjas, that business gains by using immigrants to depress American wages and displace American labor.
The money collected from the Coalition will be used to fund a campaign, led by former Speaker of the House Dick Armey and former Republican National Committee Chairman
Ed Gillespie. It will be designed to let President Bush successfully step back into the immigration fray. Bush used up so much political capital in the arm-twisting CAFTA debate, according to political insiders, that amnesty is dead in the water without this revved up campaign. The American people want less, not more, immigration. And they want to stop the illegal invasion. But coalition money is designed to over-ride all that!
– President Bush is aligning himself with certain Big Business and other Open Borders interests, and they have the resources to make a profound impact… but we BALANCE MEMBERS and out ASAP Coalition allies have defeated Bushs amnesty plans before, and we can do it again.
Fortunately, some of the tea leaves are in our favor. “There are signs… that the administration effort is running into problems even as it begins: Several key business groups are hesitant to join the new coalition, questioning whether the administration can separate itself from the anti-immigration wing of the GOP that is promoting restrictive policies. And the party's leading voices favoring stricter limits on immigration, such as Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.), remain undaunted pledging to intensify their efforts.”
(LA Times, “Immigration Rising on Bush To Do List”. July 24, 2005)
-And that is exactly what we must do… INTENSIFY OUR EFFORTS! IF WE ARE TO BEAT THE REALLY BIG MONEY BEHIND THIS AMNESTY PUSH!
– Rep. Tancredo (R-CO) explains what this coalition is really all about,
“They know this has nothing to do with Hispanic votes,” he said. “They're trying to cover what their real motive is, which is to supply [business] with cheap labor, to not close the spigot of cheap labor”
– These special interests will back off only when they see the American Public and that means us! will not stand for another Amnesty.
– We must MOBILIZE NOW and let Bush and his cronies know that we strongly oppose any and all amnesties! Weve held them off so far in 2005 and prior years, but they are intensifying efforts, and we must do the same if we are to make any real progress.
– Legalization of millions of the some twenty million illegals now in the US would be a disaster for American workers, and taxpayers, and for our economy and our environment.
– Awarding citizenship to babies born on U.S. soil to illegal aliens and holders of temporary visas must stop. It takes citizenship decisions out of our hands, transferring control from America to any foreigners bedroom. Stopping the anchor baby travesty must be a pre-condition to any new visa program.
TOGETHER, all of us ASAP Coalition members can beat this Amnesty, BUT we Need your energetic participation in TWO WAYS to again put it to rest.
Write and call your Senators and Representative, and tell them you do not want any Amnesty in any form including a Guestworker Bill. Tell them that you want a MORATORIUM on legal immigration instead of an amnesty. That will maximize pressure to stop this Amnesty.
The official registration and financial information of Population-Environment Balance, Inc. may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1(800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
[[BALANCE is registered with the 17 States that require affidavits from 501(c)3 charitable organizations, as well as being on the Federal employees gift-giving list.]]
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for non-profit research and educational purposes only. GRG [Ref.