April 5, 2006: Urgent—Stop The Senate Alien Amnesty Bills Today!!
MOST URGENT ALERT EVER SENT! (From Population-Environment Balance)
SPECTER-JUDICIARY ALIEN AMNESTY BILL A DISASTER FOR THE USA
ALL SENATE BILLS WOULD DOUBLE LEGAL IMMIGRATION AND MORE
LAST DITCH STAND IN THE SENATE!
–WHAT TO DO TODAY!–
SPECTER/MCCAIN BILLS WOULD LEGALIZE ALL TWENTY MILLION PLUS ILLEGAL ALIENS AND THEY COULD BRING THEIR FAMILIES!
And not only that but the Specter-McCain bills would:
– Specifically legalize 1.5 million Illegal Alien Agricultural Workers!
(Thanks to Senator Feinstein for this generous provision), and they could bring their families!,
– Provide an additional 400,000 new guest worker visas EVERY YEAR
(just in case you thought your job was secure, think again!)
and after six years they could change their status so as to bring their families!
– Repeal current State laws barring In-State Tuition for Illegals.
(Think your child was a shoo-in to go to college? Think again.
He or she now has to compete with subsidized Illegal Alien Applicants
who as minorities, may get preferential treatment in admissions and scholarships)
– Would DEcriminalize Visa Overstayers, so there would merely
be puny civil penalties for overstaying. So all Visa Overstayers
would be able to overstay. (Imagine the number of Visa Holders
who would become permanent residents by merely overstaying!)
So our rough Back-of-the-Envelope calculations indicate
that in a few short years over ONE HUNDRED MILLION people
would be added to the U.S. population. And we would be admitting
folks with very little educationthose most likely to demand taxpayer funded services.
Some groups of immigrants from Central America have the
equivalent of a fourth grade education and the average, according
to a 1997 National Academy of Sciences report, is less than an eighth grade education!
And as if we need any more evidence of why this bill would be very bad
for our country and our environment the eminent Dr. Paul Craig Roberts
has recently found that:
Population Growth is Outpacing Job Growth in the United States:
In his recent assessment on the state of the American economy, Paul CraigRoberts, formerly Associate Editor of the Wall Street Journal and also a former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury, offered a staggering analysis of the current job market and how it related to the immigration debate. Below are the key points.
– The U.S. economy was more than 7 million jobs short of keeping up with population growth over the past five years.
– An economy that cannot keep up with population growth should not be boosting population with heavy rates of legal and illegal immigration (over 1 million each per year!)
– Over the past five years, U.S. manufacturing lost 2.9 million jobs, almost 17% of its workforce
– The knowledge jobs that were supposed to replace these never materialized. The information sector lost 17% of its jobs; telecommunications lost 25%; computer system design lost 9%.
– The talk about engineering shortages is absolute ignorance, says Mr. Roberts. The U.S. only created 700,000 jobs in architecture and engineering. There is no incentive for grad school engineers, or for others going into specialized fields if there are no jobs.
– As Mr. Roberts puts it, The United States is facing a job depression.
– The total number of private sector jobs created over this five year period is 500,000. This is less than one years total of either legal or illegal immigration. Americans are already being displaced from their jobs through mass immigration. The last thing we need is a guestworker program/illegal alien amnesty.
So by the time you receive this (and please bear in mind that the situation in Congress is changing every day) we MAY have two chances to stop this BILL and possibly only ONE!
Unfortunately, it is looking more and more like the Senate will pass
a Bill which looks like the Ghastly Specter-Amnesty/Guestworker Bill
which just passed in the Judiciary Committee (all the Democrats and
4 Republicans voted for it!)
And if it does pass the Senate then it is on to the House-Senate
Conference Committee where an attempt will be made to reconcile
(an oxymoron in this context if there ever was one)
the TRUE enforcement-only Bill passed by the House with the
MASSIVE ILLEGAL ALIEN AMNESTY/GUESTWORKER BILL
passed by the Senate.
BUT IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO STOP THESE BILLS
ACT TODAY!! THE SENATE MAY VOTE TOMORROW!
SO HERE IS OUR STRATEGY:
— Call and Fax your two Senators and Representative
like you have never called and faxed before!
— Visit their District offices!
TODAY, TODAY, TODAY!!!
And what you tell them is crucially important:
1) They should absolutely OPPOSE ANY BILL WHICH HAS ANY AMNESTY/GUESTWORKER, OR VISA, OR LEGAL IMMIGRATION INCREASES IN IT, EVEN IF IT CONTAINS SOME GOOD BORDER ENFORCEMENT PROVISIONS! The POSSIBLE benefit of good enforcement provisions (would the Bush Administration really enforce them?? Highly doubtful!) is far outweighed by the CATASTROPHIC EFFECT THE PASSAGE OF ANY SUCH BILL WOULD HAVE ON THE UNITED STATES!
2) And TELL THEM THAT YOU WANT A MORATORIUM ON ALL LEGAL IMMIGRATION in excess of 100,000 per year. This is critical because it puts downward pressure on the numbers by calling the Whole Enterprise of Mass Immigration into Question. Specifically, a moratorium would reduce the Family Magnet and Safe Harbor magnet which draw even more illegals.
It is also critical because of ONE FACT: Notice that
ONE COMMON ELEMENT OF ALMOST ALL THE PROVISIONS OF THE SPECTER/MCCAIN/KENNEDY-SENATE BILLS IS THAT THEY PURPORT TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION BY LEGALIZING THE ILLEGALS. AND ALL SENATE BILLS INCLUDING SENATOR FRISTS CONTAIN PROVISIONS WHICH WOULD DOUBLE LEGAL IMMIGRATION TO OVER TWO MILLION PER YEAR OR MORE!
Indeed that is the argument (which we paraphrase) that Specter and others have made in support of his bill Got a problem with illegal immigration? solve it by legalizing them all! This puts an official stamp of approval on lawlessness.
This is why BALANCE and its ASAP Coalition allies have pushed so hard for a moratorium. To significantly reduce Illegal Immigration we MUST also SIMULTANEOUSLY PUSH TO REDUCE LEGAL they are inextricably linked — not only demographically, but strategically and tactically in this ongoing battle in Congress.
That is, we must try, again, at this last date, to compensate for the massive strategic and tactical Failure of the NeoCon Mass Immigration Management Groups which have failed to push for a Moratorium and thus greased the skids for the Open Borders Lobby to solve the Illegal Problem by legalizing them all.
Specifically, as recently as the last week in March the NeoCon Management Group Numbers USA brazenly bragged: We have known since last fall that Chairman Specter (R-PA) would see to it that the Judiciary Committee would pass a massive legal increase in permanent legal Immigration (including an amnesty). So we were not surprised to see that happen today.
IF NUMBERS USA WAS SURE OF THE THREAT LAST FALL THEY SHOULD HAVE JOINED POPULATION-ENVIRONMENT BALANCE, AND THE FIFTY OTHER ORGANIZATIONS IN THE ASAP COALITION IN TRYING TO STOP THE INCREASES. BY ADVOCATING A MORATRIUM ON ALL IMMIGRATION EXCESS OF 100,000 ANNUALLY. But Numbers USA did not and neither did The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR).
WE REPEAT (as we have several times for several years) OUR CALL FOR NUMBERS USA AND FAIR TO SIMULTANEOUSLY PUSH FOR A MORATORIUM (in addition to opposing the Amnesty etc. Bills) WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME TO STOP THESE SENATE BILLS!!
Otherwise, the Open Borders Argument that we will solve the Illegal Problem by Legalizing them all will go unchallenged except by BALANCE AND THE ASAP COALITION!
TO STOP THIS BILL, IT IS ESSENTIAL TO SIMULTANEOUSLY OPPOSE ANY ILLEGAL ALIEN AMNESTY-GUESTWORKER-LEGAL IMMIGRATION BILL AND SUPPORT A MORATORIUM on all LEGAL immigration in excess of 100,000 per year!
FINALLY This MASSIVE Effort to SAVE OUR COUNTRY AND OUR ENVIRONMENT IS STRETCHING OUR RESOURCES TO THE LIMIT so PLEASE mail in your latest BALANCE BRE with your special DONATION!
If you dont have a BRE, mail your donation to:
2000 P St. NW
Washington, DC 20036
Or donate online at www.BALANCE.org
Or, print out the form below and fax it to 202-955-6161 to make a credit card donation.
Stop the Specter/McCain/Frist Bills
Doubling Legal Immigration,
Stop the Amnesty-Guestworker Bills
Make a Special Tax-Deductible Donation to Balance Today!
Credit Card #:_________________________Exp. Date: ________/______
Special Donation Total: $______________
The official registration and financial information of Population-Environment Balance, Inc. may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1(800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.