Consider This, Black Lives Matter And Other Groups
By Nick Champani
On Monday April 4, 2016, more than 100 Black Lives Matter (BLM) protesters rallied at Queens Park. This was a continuation of a protest involving BLM members who, starting on March 20 illegally squatted in makeshift tents and set bonfires in front of Toronto Police Headquarters. The squatting began a day after the Ontario Special Investigations Unit (SIU) announced that no charges would be laid against the unidentified officer who fatally shot a Black man named Andrew Loku in a confrontation with Toronto Police in the summer of 2015.
Mr. Loku reportedly suffered from mental illness. His death has now become the motive for recent BLM squatting campaigns in Toronto.
BLM claims to be “a call to action, a response to virulent anti-Black racism and is against the not legally authorized killings of Black people by police and vigilantes.” One of the organizers,Christina Gabriella Griffin, made it clear following their Toronto rally that ” Toronto and other cities need to know that if your police force is committed to an anti-black program, there’s going to be more tent cities. As long as the killing keeps going on, we’re going to be out here.”
But what exactly happened to Mr. Loku is the real question. Was he simply a vulnerable target for “racist” and “anti-Black” police to murder in cold blood, and perhaps something for these officers to laugh about afterwards? Or was this a case of one of our police officers having his or her safety put in immediate danger and resorting to lethal force to avoid potentially losing his own life?
Mike McCormack, who is president of the Toronto Police Association, stated the following:
“On the early evening of July 4, 2015, Toronto police officers saw Mr. Loku riding a three-wheeled scooter on a busy highway in downtown Toronto. Needless to say, this was a dangerous situation for Mr. Loku and motorists. Concerned for his safety and well-being, the officers assisted Mr. Loku by loading his scooter into a police car and driving him home.
“Three hours later, there was an assault-in- progress call to Mr. Loku’s Toronto residence, involving a man armed with a hammer threatening a woman with death and refusing to leave her apartment. Police officers responded where they were met by an agitated and violent Mr. Loku, wielding a hammer.
“The officers attempted to de-escalate the situation and repeatedly asked Mr. Loku to drop his weapon. Mr. Loku’s violent behaviour intensified, and with the hammer raised above his head, he advanced within several feet of the officers. Unable to create distance between themselves and Mr. Loku due to the narrow hallway and stairwell behind them, the officers responded to this imminent threat of serious bodily harm or death, by using force.”
Perhaps this truly was the case. If so, some may consider the circumstances justified the shooting of Mr. Loku. Or perhaps there are some major aspects of the story which are missing. In either case, what really happened does not seem to really matter to those who are part of BLM . In other words, are the BLM protestors simply looking for incidents like Mr. Loku’s death in order to label any police officer’s shootings of Black people as “racist” and “anti-Black”.
Knowing actual facts, of course, would likely give them fewer grounds for tossing names around in their attempts to defame people. One of this group’s biggest arguments is that the police are disproportionately arresting and carding people of non-White ethnicity. The evidence on the other hand very strongly suggests that the police simply arrest people who commit crimes, and people of non-White ethnicities appear to commit crimes at higher rates. Many crimes have witnesses. For example, in cases of robberies and rapes, the victim usually gets a good look at the perpetrator. And if 70% of people who are victims tell the police the assailant was black and 70% of the people arrested for robberies and rapes are back, the police are probably just doing their job.
Although crime statistics on the basis of ethnicity are allegedly not collected by any major government department in Canada, this graph from the U.S. (where the BLM movement originated) looks at 22 types of offenses. In the graph, there are two lines for each offense. The left line for each offense indicates the race of the person whom a witness alleges had committed the crime. The right line for each offense indicates the race of the person who was actually arrested. For example, the most frequent offense is robbery. Witnesses said that more than 70% of robbers were Black. However, as you can see from the shorter lighter line to the right, fewer than 60% of those arrested for robbery were Black. Similarities can be seen in Assault Offenses, Kidnapping/Abduction and in Sex Offenses. In each offense category, in spite of witnesses identifying offenders as Black (or Asian, Hispanic or White), police arrested fewer Blacks than what witnesses told them were Black offenders. In other words, in 15 of the 22 offense categories, witnesses identified Blacks as the offenders, but police arrested fewer Blacks. This may indicate that police may have given Blacks a break by probing witness statements more carefully than otherwise and finding evidence which contradicted witnesses’ accounts.
In some cases, slightly more Blacks are arrested than you would expect from witness reports. However, when you add up the offenses from all categories, the Black arrest rate is actually 14% lower than the percentage reported by witnesses. This data is from more than 6,000 different police departments.
Take a look at this graph from New York City where Blacks are a minority making up around 30% of the population.
This New York City graph shows the rate at which people of different races are arrested for different crimes. For Murder, the White arrest rate is about 1. In contrast, the Black arrest rate is 30.9, a huge difference that cannot be easily dismissed as prejudicial against Blacks. Even starker than the arrest rate for murder is the arrest rate for shootings. For shootings, the arrest rate is 98.4% for Blacks and 1% for Whites. Again, the difference in the rate is so great that even movements like Black Lives Matter will have extreme difficulty in attributing the difference to such phenomena as racial profiling.
As you will notice, in each crime category, Blacks commit more crime than Hispanics and Hispanics commit more crime than Asians. For the Black Lives Matter movement, this must mean the NYPD loves Whites and Asians. Right?
Let’s face it. The police arrest criminals. In the case of the U.S., if they arrest more Blacks than they do Whites and Asians, it is simply because Blacks commit more crime.
- January 22nd, 2022:
Trudeau announces top priority for His Government in 2022 : Compensate for Canada’s “Shameful Past”
- January 10th, 2022:
Myths and Facts About Immigration in Canada… for Dummies
- December 26th, 2021:
The War Against Christmas Continues in 2021
- December 15th, 2021:
Canada’s CBC is a deadly and immoral, anti-Canadian broadcaster
- November 30th, 2021:
There is a precedent for charging Canadian MP’s and other politicians with treason
QUICK IMMIGRATION FACTS----THE FOLLOWING "CLOCKS" BEGAN ON JANUARY 1, 2022 :
1. Net Cost of Immigration to Canada: Up to $35 Billion per year about 10 years ago. The amount is now probably at least $40 Billion per year. How many homeless could Canada take off our streets with that $40 Billion? The lower figure ($35 Billion) amounts to $95,890,000 per day, and so far in 2022,
2. Total Foreign Nationals entering Canada through both legal immigration programs and through illegal border crossing into Canada : over 1.5 million, which includes:
• 340,000 Immigrants in the Economic & Family Class
• 500,000 to 700,000 International Students
• 150,000 to 200,000 Temporary Foreign Workers
• 50,000 to 60,000 Illegal Border Crossers
• 250,000 International Mobility Workers.
So far in 2022, the following number of foreign nationals who have settled in Canada is:
They contemptuously tell us that this is "THE NEW NORMAL" for Canada. This intake is outrageous, yet our cowardly politicians refuse to debate the intake. Our national Parliament has been transformed into a House Of Sodomy where MP's appease immigrant groups in order to get their votes.
If Canadians think this is an exaggeration, take note that Parliament recently declared the month of April as "SIKH HERITAGE MONTH". Not a single MP abstained or voted against this law. The chief "heritage" event that Canadians will forever remember Sikhs for is the bombing of an Air India plane. 329 Canadians were killed. To this day, the main Sikh conspirators remain unpunished largely because of Sikh intimidation of other Sikhs.
See Why Parliament should repeal Sikh Heritage month
3. According to Canada's Border Police (Canada Border Services Agency or CBSA), about 50,000 Illegals entered Canada in each of the three years starting in 2017. That's a total of 150,000 illegals, most of whom are now fake "refugee" claimants. Remember that this inflow started after Trudeau foolishly declared in January, 2017 : "To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith." According to projections, another 50,000 illegals will enter Canada in . So far in , the following number have already entered Canada :
Read More ▼
4. According to the Canadian Bureau for International Education (a private advocacy group), as of December 31, 2018, there were 571,215 international students in Canada, a 16% increase over 2017. This number increases every year, and so far in 2022, this totals
Read More ▼
5. Number of 10-Year Visa Recipients. This immigration category was created by former Conservative Immigration Minister Jason Kenney as a way of appeasing ethnic groups (Sikhs and Chinese especially) who wanted to bring relatives (particularly parents and grandparents) to Canada, supposedly to perform household duties such as babysitting. The 10-Visitor Visa program was invented to prevent parents and grandparents from becoming permanent residents and eventually permanent burdens on Canada. The program allows parents and grandparents of immigrants to stay in Canada temporarily (up to 10 years). According to Vancouver Sun columnist, Douglas Todd, in the first 3 years of this program, more than 3 million 10-Year Visitor Visas were granted. To Canada’s horror, this program appears to be turning into a national scandal. According to recent reports, labour contractors in ethnic groups are using the huge pool of 10-Year Visa Recipients as a pool of cheap labour. Undoubtedly, these Visa Recipients are taking jobs that Canadians should get. Assuming a rate of 25,000 new 10-Year Visitor Visas being issued per year, the total number of 10-Year Visa recipients issued since 2014 is:
6. Number of Temporary Foreign Workers. According to StatsCan, in the years 2013 to 2017, Canada allowed 540,807 Temporary Foreign Workers to come to Canada to work. So far in 2022, this totals:
7. According to the World Bank, Remittances sent 'back home' by Temporary Foreign Workers and Immigrants in Canada total $40 Billion a year. That means $40 Billion less circulating in Canada's economy and not employing Canadian-born. So far, in 2022, the remittance total is:
8. According to Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) statistics, About 142,755 Refugee Claims were referred to the IRB in the years 2015 to 2018. For Immigration and Refugee Board details, see Refugee Protection Claims. So far in 2022, the following number have been referred to the IRB:
9. The International Mobility Program admitted about 70,000 guest workers to Canada in 2005. But by 2018, Canada was accepting more than 250,000 in this category, which is typically made up of younger foreigners on two-year visas. The International Mobility Program is a second Temporary Foreign Worker Program, and according to two Canadian economists, most Canadians are unaware of this program and employers are widely abusing it. So far in 2022, this totals:
Read More ▼