There are strong calls across the country to cancel Canada Day. It’s shocking, even to someone like myself who has been paying attention to the attack on Canadian history and heritage for years. I’m amazed that things have gotten to this point so quickly! Cancelling our national holiday, or more aptly turning it into a festival of shame where Canadians think about historical injustice rather than love of nation, is the natural culmination of the anti-Canadian, anti-white, decolonial ideology spread by the government, the universities, the media, the primary and secondary schools, the corporations, the banks, and even some churches.
These are some of the places where “Cancelling” has already happened : Victoria, Port Hardy, Penticton, Durham, Port Hawkesbury, Burnaby, Wilmot Township, St. Albert, Fredericton, Bathurst, Saint John, Cap-Pele, Grand Bay-Westfield, Churchill, and Truro.
Some have replaced it, suggesting that on July 1st citizens instead reckon with Canada’s historical injustices. Naheed Nenshi has said that fireworks will go ahead but there will be a moment of silence before they start. “Rather than the fireworks being, ‘Woohoo, celebrate,’ we’re starting as a moment of silence, and those fireworks are a way for us to really think about where we go from here while honouring those kids” Nenshi explained.
Some of this sentiment is expressed on a popular social media hashtag:
Everyone should go check that out and see the vile, poisonous, anti-Canadian rhetoric produced by our opponents. One tweet with 310 likes celebrated a couple of thugs burning a Canadian flag. Another, with 1300 likes, charmingly proclaimed “#FuckCanada”. Another tweet celebrated an occasion when a group of radical leftist militants disrupted a Canada Day event, burning a flag and holding a banner proclaiming “Unsettle Canada”.
This isn’t just about July 1st of this year, even if some advocates of the Cancel Canada Day movement will tell you that it is. This is about every July 1st going forward. I guarantee you that every June from now on, there will be calls to not celebrate Canada Day. Cities will slowly scale down celebrations; some will phase them out for good. Militant anti-Canadian groups like Idle No More and Black Lives Matter will disrupt celebrations or create their own events to ritualistically recite the sins committed by Canada. The mainstream media will host panels where professors, activists, and prominent immigrants discuss whether celebrations are really warranted on July 1st. CBC recently posted an article which featured the opinions of different experts on whether to celebrate Canada Day, but if you read it you will see that they don’t include a single one who actually thinks July 1st should be celebrated. They introduce a bunch of experts who only slightly disagree with each other; some think Canada Day should be cancelled; others think it should remain only so Canadians can ponder all the terrible things we or our ancestors have done.
In fact, this anti-Canada Day sentiment is seeping into the general society. Today I saw on Facebook that a bakery nearby will no longer be selling Canada Day themed cupcakes and instead will be thinking about “reconciliation” on that day. They will be selling orange cookies instead with the proceeds going to charity.
Patriotic veterans celebrate Canada Day in the Township of Scugog
The Haters and Losers
In a recent Toronto Star article, Shira Lurie called on Canadians to “Make Canada Day a national day of reckoning”. Only nominally a Canadian citizen, Lurie is an academic who is more interested in American history and politics than our own. A University College Fellow in Early American History at the University of Toronto with a PhD in history from the University of Virginia, she often writes articles about American politics. George Grant warned us of the danger of not resisting the cultural and economic influence of the United States in his Lament for a Nation, and clearly one of the results of not heeding his warnings is academics whose chief concern is with America.
Perhaps it is the Americanization of Lurie’s brain that has caused her to include, in a list of groups that Canada has sinned against, “the people of African descent who laboured in bondage and suffered decades of repression”. Involuntary servitude of Africans in Canada was such a miniscule part of Canadian history that only Canadians obsessed with American racial politics would count this as a part of Canadian history worth mentioning at all. She also lists aboriginals, Asian immigrants, and “LGBTQ+” as other groups that we should feel bad about having hurt in the past. When it comes to the present, Lurie claims that the presence of black and aboriginal criminals in Canadian jails and the very reasonable and mild legislation banning Islamic regalia for public servants in Quebec are signs that Canada is a thoroughly racist and anti-Muslim country. Lurie concludes by stating that we should abolish Canada Day and replace it with a day when we feel ashamed that we aren’t a leftist utopia:
Instead of singing the national anthem, let’s pause and reflect on the many lives that the building of the Canadian state has cost. No fireworks. No flags. Let’s make July 1 a day of reckoning. Perhaps then we might create a Canada worthy of our celebration.
This isn’t just one anti-Canadian academic, this is the symbol of a rising tide of anti-Canadian sentiment. But perhaps worse than the overt radicalism of Shira Lurie and the bowing to this radicalism by the many Canadian cities who have cancelled Canada Day celebrations, is the pathetic apathy of many normal Canadians. Chris Selley’s recent National Post column advanced his opinion that “Now is a strange time for ‘rah-rah’ Canadian patriotism”.
“Patriotism is the admission that people who share a land, a place, and a history have a special obligation to that place and to each other” – David Ehrenfeld
Referring indifferently to our beloved national day of celebration as “a summer stat holiday”, Selley admits that even before the discovery of the residential school graves he wouldn’t have wanted to celebrate because of Canada’s bad handling of the pandemic. He also complains about Toronto’s poor control over civic issues such as anti-lockdown protests. I suppose for Chris Selley, whether he celebrates Canada Day or not is based on how well the government provides services to him. Maybe one July the city hasn’t fixed the pothole outside his house, so he doesn’t celebrate, but then the next year they’ve paved it over, so he gets out the flag and fireworks.
At the end of his article, he says that there “is much to appreciate about being Canadian, albeit little that’s really unique to Canada. Impressive as our suite of rights and freedoms might be, they are nothing less than all human beings should demand from their governments.” And so, in a stroke of a columnist’s pen, the interest and value of a fascinating and unique centuries-old culture is summarily dismissed. Sadly, this is the view of many Canadian columnists and cultural influencers, even so-called conservative ones; uninterested in Canada’s culture, the only interest they show in our country is a concern that the managerial state performs the functions of government in a smooth and calm fashion.
Christopher Lasch aptly describes the complete lack of attachment to place and identity among the cosmopolitan professional classes in his 1994 book Revolt of the Elites:
Patriotism, certainly, does not rank very high in their hierarchy of virtues. ‘Multiculturalism’, on the other hand, suits them to perfection, conjuring up the agreeable image of a global bazaar in which exotic cuisines, exotic styles of dress, exotic music, exotic tribal customs can be savored indiscriminately, with no questions asked and no commitments required. The new elites are at home only in transit, en route to a high-level conference, to the grand opening of a new franchise, to an international film festival, to an undiscovered resort. Theirs is essentially a tourist’s view of the world…(p.6).
Canada finds itself in a situation in which the academic, media and political classes don’t have the deep positive psychic attachment to Canada that the core of the country still retains. Any manifestation of pride in Canada, even one as mild-mannered as Don Cherry’s plea that immigrants wear a poppy on Remembrance Day, is viewed by these classes as an outburst of parochial, outdated, uneducated xenophobia and national particularism. Why would anyone wear a poppy or wave a flag in a global bazaar?
EURO-CANADIAN RESISTANCE DAY
I’m not proud of Canada because of the benefits I get from it; I’m proud of Canada because it’s my country. Being proud doesn’t mean you’re proud of our government, it means you’re proud of your people. Being proud means you feel love for our homeland; a visceral attachment, a feeling of belonging, and a willingness to fight for it and contribute to it in your everyday life. I live in the countryside, and there’s a lot of people out here who are poor and working-class. In a lot of ways, some of them might feel let down by the Canadian government or institutions. But they don’t let that translate into a lack of pride in their country. Sometimes I drive by a particular shabby old wooden house that looks like it has seen better days. Their proud display of the Canadian flag on the porch shows a nobility of spirit lacking in our cultural and political elites (whether on the left or right) who seem to feel that they are too sophisticated for patriotism. Throughout my life I have visited a particular valley in the British Columbia interior. The farmers and ranchers are by and large proud to be Canadian and often display the flag year-round, even if by the sweat of the brow they barely get by. Have our moral betters in the media, academia, and government considered that this simple pride reveals a more sophisticated and philosophical sense of love and humanity than their vague cosmopolitan “citizen of the world” ethic?
I hereby christen July 1st not only as Canada Day, but as Euro-Canadian Resistance Day. All patriots who are attached to the true unique culture of our country, which is Anglo-Protestant, French-Catholic, and more broadly European Canadian, are invited to celebrate. Whether you are old stock English or French, a descendant of Ukrainian or Polish prairie settlers, aboriginal, or a more recent immigrant who is nonetheless proud of the True North Strong and Free, you are invited!
Our simple pride in our people can be celebrated with a Red Ensign flag or a Maple Leaf (don’t get caught up on this one, I know the Ensign is our real flag, but it can be hard to buy so either works just fine), fireworks, patriotic red clothing, beer, parades, picnics, time spent with family and friends and good deeds done for neighbours in need. Roll into store parking lots with two full-sized flags on your truck, organize a convoy around your town with a few buddies, boat around the lake with a huge flag, sing Oh Canada, and have a good time. Don’t get depressed by the hostile takeover of our country, resist it! This simple joy in place and identity and culture might seem silly to the more intellectual types in the EuroCanadian movement, but it is exactly this type of pride that the globalist elite is trying to crush. It is one of the few things that really threaten them.
Break free from the globalist machine seeking to abolish our pride and install a New World Order without nations or borders!
Enjoy July 1st, Euro-Canadian Resistance Day!
Patriotic Veterans March on Canada Day in Scugog, Ontario
QUICK IMMIGRATION FACTS----THE FOLLOWING "CLOCKS" BEGAN ON JANUARY 1, 2021 :
1. Net Cost of Immigration to Canada: Up to $35 Billion per year about 10 years ago. The amount is now probably at least $40 Billion per year. How many homeless could Canada take off our streets with that $40 Billion? The lower figure ($35 Billion) amounts to $95,890,000 per day, and so far in 2021,
2. Total Foreign Nationals entering Canada through both legal immigration programs and through illegal border crossing into Canada : over 1.5 million, which includes: • 340,000 Immigrants in the Economic & Family Class • 500,000 to 700,000 International Students • 150,000 to 200,000 Temporary Foreign Workers • 50,000 to 60,000 Illegal Border Crossers • 250,000 International Mobility Workers. So far in 2021, the following number of foreign nationals who have settled in Canada is:
Canada's unnecessary and relentless intake is an abnormality in our immigration history, and has made many Canadians feel like strangers in their own country. And Trudeau and his Somali Immigration Minister are plotting to take even more.
They contemptuously tell us that this is "THE NEW NORMAL" for Canada. This intake is outrageous, yet our cowardly politicians refuse to debate the intake. Our national Parliament has been transformed into a House Of Sodomy where MP's appease immigrant groups in order to get their votes.
If Canadians think this is an exaggeration, take note that Parliament recently declared the month of April as "SIKH HERITAGE MONTH". Not a single MP abstained or voted against this law. The chief "heritage" event that Canadians will forever remember Sikhs for is the bombing of an Air India plane. 329 Canadians were killed. To this day, the main Sikh conspirators remain unpunished largely because of Sikh intimidation of other Sikhs.
See Why Parliament should repeal Sikh Heritage month
3. According to Canada's Border Police (Canada Border Services Agency or CBSA), about 50,000 Illegals entered Canada in each of the three years starting in 2017. That's a total of 150,000 illegals, most of whom are now fake "refugee" claimants. Remember that this inflow started after Trudeau foolishly declared in January, 2017 : "To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith." According to projections, another 50,000 illegals will enter Canada in . So far in , the following number have already entered Canada :
Read More ▼
Contrary to naive Canadians, the refugee claims of a significant number of these illegals were people whose claims had been rejected by thoughtful U.S. immigration authorities. Fraudsters from other countries soon realized that they were dealing with a fool and took immediate advantage of Canada. Millions of dollars have been spent on processing "refugee" claims. Trudeau has been lavish with his apologies to ethnic groups and should have apologized and secured Canada's border with the U.S. long ago. But he still has not done so. The tragedy for Canada's homeless is that Illegals have competed with Canada's homeless for available housing. Scandalously, an undetermined number of the fake refugees have actually been given preference over our homeless for available shelter.
4. According to the Canadian Bureau for International Education (a private advocacy group), as of December 31, 2018, there were 571,215 international students in Canada, a 16% increase over 2017. This number increases every year, and so far in 2021, this totals
Read More ▼
The CBIE and many public agencies claim that International Students are a net economic contributor to Canada. However, NO Canadian study has ever been done to prove that claim. Even more outrageous, most Top administrators at Canadian universities boast that International students create "Diversity". As Canada's top immigration critic (Martin Collacott) has said, "universities such as UBC have Diversity coming out of their ears". Ethnic Chinese students comprise over 50% of UBC's student population. Those Chinese contemptuously refer to UBC as the "University of a Billion Chinese". The pursuit of so-called Diversity has been harmful to Canadian-born and has probably displaced tens of thousands of Canadian-born. As for the U.S., the truth is that a study done by the U.S. National Academy of Sciences and other agencies showed that in spite of the high fees paid by International Students, U.S. sources were actually subsidizing International Students. In the case of Graduate International Students, the average subsidy was about $12,000 + per year. Yet, without proof of any economic benefit to Canada, Canada continues to accept large numbers of NEW international students every year. For other recent details on the U.S. situation, see • How U.S. Foreign Student and Exchange Visitor Policies Undercut National Security, • Foreign Students Do Not Help with the Balance of Payments... Who Pays? • Immigration, Higher Education, and Trump
5. Number of 10-Year Visa Recipients. This immigration category was created by former Conservative Immigration Minister Jason Kenney as a way of appeasing ethnic groups (Sikhs and Chinese especially) who wanted to bring relatives (particularly parents and grandparents) to Canada, supposedly to perform household duties such as babysitting. The 10-Visitor Visa program was invented to prevent parents and grandparents from becoming permanent residents and eventually permanent burdens on Canada. The program allows parents and grandparents of immigrants to stay in Canada temporarily (up to 10 years). According to Vancouver Sun columnist, Douglas Todd, in the first 3 years of this program, more than 3 million 10-Year Visitor Visas were granted. To Canada’s horror, this program appears to be turning into a national scandal. According to recent reports, labour contractors in ethnic groups are using the huge pool of 10-Year Visa Recipients as a pool of cheap labour. Undoubtedly, these Visa Recipients are taking jobs that Canadians should get. Assuming a rate of 25,000 new 10-Year Visitor Visas being issued per year, the total number of 10-Year Visa recipients issued since 2014 is:
6. Number of Temporary Foreign Workers. According to StatsCan, in the years 2013 to 2017, Canada allowed 540,807 Temporary Foreign Workers to come to Canada to work. So far in 2021, this totals:
Furthermore, according to Canada's Immigration Department, it took 841 pages (!!) to list employers who received approval to import a TFW between 2013 and 2015. It is very probable that many employers were committing fraud. Here is a download link to the list of the employers (39 MB): temporary-foreign-workers.pdf
7. According to the World Bank, Remittances sent 'back home' by Temporary Foreign Workers and Immigrants in Canada total $40 Billion a year. That means $40 Billion less circulating in Canada's economy and not employing Canadian-born. So far, in 2021, the remittance total is:
8. According to Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) statistics, About 142,755 Refugee Claims were referred to the IRB in the years 2015 to 2018. For Immigration and Refugee Board details, see Refugee Protection Claims. So far in 2021, the following number have been referred to the IRB:
9. The International Mobility Program admitted about 70,000 guest workers to Canada in 2005. But by 2018, Canada was accepting more than 250,000 in this category, which is typically made up of younger foreigners on two-year visas. The International Mobility Program is a second Temporary Foreign Worker Program, and according to two Canadian economists, most Canadians are unaware of this program and employers are widely abusing it. So far in 2021, this totals:
Read More ▼
Many find jobs in the service sector. These workers are suppressing wage increases and displacing Canadians. They are also adding significant pressure to Canada's already extremely distressed housing situation. Worse still, an increasing number want to remain in Canada. The largest group came are from India, followed by those from the U.S., China, France and South Korea. Toronto took in about 70,000 international mobility workers in 2018, while Vancouver took 30,000.