Immigration Advisers Now Require A Licence

Immigration advisers now require a licence

The Otago Daily Times
Wed, 19 Aug 2009

From May this year anyone who provides immigration advice in New Zealand must have a licence from the Immigration Advisers Authority.

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) will refuse to accept applications from unlicensed onshore advisers, unless they are exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

From May this year, all immigration applications received from an unlicensed onshore immigration adviser will be refused and returned to the adviser.

From May 4 next year, offshore advisers giving advice about visas or permits will also have to be licensed.